Searching for a wedding venue can be exciting and just a tiny bit stressful. Of course, you want your day to be perfect, but we’re not all millionaires with an unlimited amount of dollars to throw at one day.
Let’s be realistic – the budget is probably the one factor that will affect most which wedding venue you choose.
Once the budget has been decided, then you can begin to think about the number of guests you can invite. Of course, if you do happen to have a big budget, it doesn’t mean you have to invite every single person on your Facebook friend’s list.
On the other hand, if your budget is somewhat smaller, then you should think about inviting only those who are dearest to you.
What to Look for in a Wedding Venue
Ok, so the budget and guest list are sorted. Now for the fun stuff. Here is a list of factors to consider when looking around for wedding venues in Sydney:
- Location – There’s no point finding the perfect venue of your dreams if none of your friends or family can get there, or if they have to spend hundreds of dollars of their own money to get there. You don’t want your guests to begrudge coming to your wedding by making it super expensive to
- Style – this is very personal and something that you must discuss as a couple. The style of wedding/reception you want will affect the type of venue you choose.
E.g. If you’re both a couple of beach-bum hippies, then hiring a huge manor house may not be your thing. Similarly – if you have dreamed of a ‘Disney Princess’ wedding in a castle, then a teepee on Bondi Beach may not quite suit your style.
- Food and Drink – Is the venue able to offer food? Are you able to design your menu? Will waiters/barmen be available and is their fee included in the price of the venue?
- Entertainment – is there a dance floor? Do you want live music? A band or DJ or both?
- Accessibility – Are taxis able to pick up and drop off guests? Is there ample parking? Is there disabled access?
Secure Your Perfect Wedding Venue Now
These and many more factors should be considered when searching for a wedding venue. Take your time and research properly, but when you find that perfect place… book immediately to secure your day.